Nikon D5200 DSLR Camera
- 24.1MP DX-Format CMOS Sensor
- EXPEED 3 Image Processor
- 3.0″ 921k-Dot Vari-Angle LCD Monitor
- Full HD 1080i Video Recording at 60 fps
- Multi-CAM 4800DX 39-Point AF System
- Native ISO 6400, Extended to ISO 25600
- 5 fps Shooting at Full Resolution
- 2016-Pixel RGB Sensor, Active D-Lighting
- Compatible with WU-1a Wireless Adapter
The Nikon D5200 DSLR Camera features a 24.1MP DX-format CMOS sensor and EXPEED 3 image processor to produce high quality imagery while delivering fast performance to all camera functions. The combination of these two technologies is a native sensitivity up to ISO 6400, which is then further expandable to ISO 25600. The processing speed of the EXPEED 3 also contributes to a fast continuous shooting rate of 5fps.
A 39-point autofocus system enables the D5200 to acquire precise focus quickly across the image frame, and nine cross-type points are centrally located to give even more accurate focusing abilities to critical subject matter. In regard to exposure handling, a 2,016-pixel RGB sensor is utilized by Nikon’s Scene Recognition System to analyze both color and brightness values within a scene to best determine exposure settings as well as white balance, i-TTL, and also focus settings.
HD video recording is supported in multiple frame rates and formats up to full HD 1920 x 1080 at 60 fps. Manual exposure control is possible during recording through modifying the shutter speed or ISO settings and continuous auto focusing is also possible when working with the full-time servo AF mode. Audio can be recorded using the built-in stereo microphone or through the use of an optional external microphone, both of which can be manually controlled across 20 levels during recording.
Image playback and live view monitoring is possible with the 3.0″ 921k-dot LCD monitor, which features tilt and swivel capabilities for better use at high or low angles. For eye-level viewing, a pentamirror optical viewfinder is built-in for viewing and composing scenes quickly and intuitively.
The D5200 features a variety of built-in imaging technologies, such as Active D-Lighting and HDR capabilities, to further enhance the look of your imagery while shooting. Scene modes, Picture Control, and Special Effects can also be applied to imagery to give a more aesthetic appearance to your work. For instantly sharing your photos and video, the D5200 is compatible with the WU-1a Wireless Mobile Adapter (optional) for wirelessly connecting your camera to an Android or iOS mobile device.
- At the heart of the D5200 is a 24.1-megapixel DX-format CMOS sensor and the EXPEED 3 image processor. The combination of these two technologies enables high resolution imagery with great detail and quality. The power and speed afforded by the image processor also provides high ISO performance up to an expandable range of 100-25600. Noise reduction technologies are employed during use to help render low-light photography with the utmost sharpness and clarity.
- 39-Point Autofocus System
- A 39-point autofocus system, with nine cross-type sensors, is employed to acquire precise focus quickly and easily. The AF system is equally effective with both still and moving subjects and utilizes a unique 3D tracking system to detect and memorize the color of your subject to effectively track its movements.
- 2,016-Pixel RGB Sensor and Scene Recognition System
- The exclusive Scene Recognition System paired with a 2,016-pixel RGB sensor is able to analyze color and brightness information within a scene to automatically determine precise exposure, i-TTL flash, white balance, and focus settings. By analyzing both color and overall brightness, imagery appears more naturally-rendered and detailed compared to purely measuring brightness values.
- High Continuous Shooting Rates
- The D5200 is capable of capturing full-resolution still images at a continuous rate of 5 fps. This speed affords you the ability to easily track moving subjects or record fast-paced events. The optical viewfinder benefits this shooting speed by allowing you to more instinctively pan with your moving subject, whereas shooting in live view will render the shooting nearly silent for more discreet applications.
- Vari-Angle LCD Monitor
- The 3.0″ LCD monitor features a vari-angle design, which allows you to tilt and swivel the monitor to better suit shooting from high or low angles. Its 921k-dot resolution provides high definition quality for more precise monitoring and image review. The menu navigation has also been simplified from past models, giving a more intuitive system of navigation through camera functions. Additionally, three background color choices are available: black, brown, and blue.
- Full HD Movie Recording
- The D5200 is able to capture Full HD video up to 1920 x 1080 with multiple frame rates up to 60i/50i. The vari-angle LCD monitor is well-suited to video monitoring and provides a natural method for composing scenes and following moving subjects. An HDMI type-C output is also available for connecting your camera to an HDTV for movie playback.
When working in manual mode while recording movies, exposure can be easily controlled through modifying the shutter speed and ISO settings. Continuous auto focusing is possible while recording when working in the full-time-servo AF mode (AF-F), which also provides subject tracking for better controlling your focus plane in fast-paced shooting situations. Face-priority AF is also available while recording HD movies.
- A built-in stereo microphone can be used to record sound during filming, and can be controlled automatically or manually across 20 levels. These levels can be viewed before and during recording. Additionally, the D5200 supports the use of an external microphone for even greater control over your recorded sound with movies.
- Built-In HDR and Active D-Lighting
- For capturing images with immense contrast, built-in HDR is able to extend the D5200’s native dynamic range capabilities by recording multiple exposures and blending well-controlled shadow and highlight exposures into a single image. HDR is most-suitable for stationary subject matter, whereas Active D-Lighting can suit moving subjects while still providing exposure and color control benefits.
- Scene Modes, Picture Control, and Special Effects
- 16 different scene modes and six picture control settings allow you to further refine the look of your still imagery in-camera. Scene modes include: Portrait, Landscape, Child, Sports, Close up, Night portrait, Night landscape, Party/indoor, Beach/snow, Sunset, Dusk/dawn, Pet portrait, Candlelight, Blossom, Autumn colors, and Food. Picture Control settings include: Standard, Neutral, Vivid, Monochrome, Portrait, and Landscape.
When working with HD movies, you can apply Special Effects to alter the look of your videos. These effects include: Selective color, Miniature effect, Color sketch, Silhouette, High key, Low key, and Night vision.
- Compatible with WU-1a Wireless Mobile Adapter
- The D5200 is compatible with the WU-1a Wireless Mobile Adapter to provide wireless connectivity to your camera. This enables you to instantly share imagery from your camera to Android or iOS mobile devices for sharing on imaging sites or through email. Additionally you can use your wireless device as a remote viewfinder and shutter release for taking photographs with your camera set at a distance.
What’s in the box:
- Nikon D5200 Camera Body
- N-EL14 Rechargeable Li-ion Battery
- MH-24 Battery Charger
- DK-25 Rubber Eyecup
- AN-DC3 Camera Strap
- BF-1B Body Cap
- UC-E17 USB Cable
- EG-CP16 Audio/Video Cable
- ViewNX2 CD-ROM
- Lens(if you select)
Specification: Nikon D5200 DSLR Camera -24.1MP -Video -Vari-Angle LCD (Brand New)
$578.99 – $978.99